There are multiple directions to explore in our swimmer system and we are looking for motivated students on all levels to join us.
Possible areas of research include:
- how do droplet systems interact with complex enviroments like soil or turbulent flows?
- droplets in external fields: gravity, chemotaxis, magnetism?
- morphology of moving droplets - does the liquid crystal structure influence their shape?
- numerical/theory projects (in collaboration with the Mazza group), modelling curling instability and pillar trapping ˆ
- "patterned" flows in microfluidic cells
- varying the chemical droplet composition to derive coexisting species.